This year, Mental Illness Awareness Week takes place from October 6 – 12, 2019 and October 10 is World Mental Health Day and National Depression Screening Day.
Visit the National Alliance on Mental Illness at https://nami.org/ for ways you can help.
Susan Ciminelli will be presenting once again at the National At-Risk Education Network Conference. This year looks like another fantastic program. My mentor, Dr. Eric Jensen is coming to the East Coast to be the Keynote Presenter. Check it out – I encourage you to attend.
White Waves Education provides teacher training and consultation services with a focus on trauma-informed practices that improve both school climate and student academic performance.
White Waves Education Trauma-Informed Schools Training:
- Childhood Trauma (ACEs), It’s Prevalence and surprising Impact in Schools
- Bringing Down the Barriers that Hinder Progress in building positive School Culture
- Utilizing Brain Science to bring teaching to the next level
- Dispel Myths than Undermine Academic and Behavioral Success in school
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions – Proven Techniques for Effectively Addressing Challenging Student Behaviors within a Trauma-Informed Practice
For more information on teacher trainings click here for details on Workshops.
Visit our content site at https://traumasensitiveclassrooms.com/