NAREN Conference in the News – click on WBAL News Report
Susan Ciminelli presented “The Path to Becoming a Trauma-Informed School” at the National At-Risk Education Network Conference on Oct 17th, 2019. This presentation for school administrators summarized the key components of moving beyond trauma-sensitive through organizational change toward adoption of trauma-informed practices across all sectors of the school. This included excerpts from Susan’s book “Collapse of the Hive: Childhood Trauma’s Impact on Our Society and How Schools Can Save Us All” soon to be published in 2020.
White Waves Education provides teacher training and consultation services with a focus on trauma-informed practices that improve both school climate and student academic performance.
White Waves Education Trauma-Informed Schools Training:
- Childhood Trauma (ACEs), It’s Prevalence and surprising Impact in Schools
- Bringing Down the Barriers that Hinder Progress in building positive School Culture
- Utilizing Brain Science to bring teaching to the next level
- Dispel Myths than Undermine Academic and Behavioral Success in school
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions – Proven Techniques for Effectively Addressing Challenging Student Behaviors within a Trauma-Informed Practice
For more information on teacher trainings click here for details on Workshops.
Visit our content site at https://traumasensitiveclassrooms.com/