Upcoming Screening of Internationally-Acclaimed Documentary Film “Resilience”
A unique collaborative community effort will bring the film “Resilience: The Biology of Stress and The Science of Hope” to Western New York on September 26th at Trinity Church in Hamburg. The documentary is being shown to community leaders across all sectors from education, local government, social welfare agencies, mental health providers, medical professionals, law enforcement, court and legal systems, faith-based organizations, youth services organizations, and higher education. View the documentary trailer here.
The documentary film is followed by a post-viewing discussion with distinguished panelists:
- Mr. Michael Ranney, Commissioner of Erie County Mental Health,
- Ms. Samantha Colson, Monroe County Mental Health – Coordinator of the Consortium on Trauma, Illness, & Grief (TIG) in Schools
- Rev. Dr. Howard (Doc) Whitaker, Consulting Clinical Clergy
- Meredith Surdel, Endeavor Health Services – Program Manager of Hope Treatment and Counseling Center
- Carraugh Reilly Nowak, Hilbert College – Chair of Criminal Justice Studies Division
- Susan Ciminelli, White Waves Education – Executive Director
Event Details –
Where: Trinity Episcopal Church, 261 E Main Street Hamburg, NY 14075
When: Wednesday, September 26th, 2018 – Sign-in 5:30 pm, Program starts at 6:30
Who: For community leaders from K-12 education, mental health providers, medical practitioners, law enforcement, local government agencies, faith-based organizations, higher education, court officials and legal services, youth & recreation program leaders, childcare agencies. *
What: To pre-register, click on this link
Cost: There is no charge however, seating is limited to 250 attendees. Reserve your ticket now – Pre-register.
Social Work: Catholic Charities of Buffalo is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers #0191.
Mental Health Counselors: Catholic Charities of Buffalo is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors #MHC-0047.